Saturday, November 9, 2013

Little Island: A Novel by Katharine Britton





Book: Little Island: A Novel
 
Author: Katharine Britton
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Family secrets can destroy. When Joy's grandmother leaves a cryptic note before she passes, the family returns to Little Island dreading those secrets that nearly tore apart the family 20 years before. Can Grace, Joy's mother, help her family heal from those secrets when the family comes together for her grandmother's memorial?
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: Unlike author's first book, Her Sister's Shadow, this book didn't grab me right away. It took me a good 100 pages to warm up to the story. Once I got past those 100 pages, the story took off and I found it a bit more difficult to put down. 

Little Island is a story told not only from different POV but also 2 different periods of time which didn't help with the "grasping". There were periods where it almost became difficult to follow and I felt myself needing to pay closer attention.
 

I found that I really couldn't find one character to latch onto that I liked. However, with the storyline, I am not shocked by this. I can't go deeper; otherwise, we would be heading into Spoilerland.
 
Source: Edelweiss for Publisher
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, I still enjoy this author's writing.  Just don't miss HER SISTER'S SHADOW. It continues to be a Sisterhood of the Traveling Book favorite in its review book program.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment