Sunday, May 24, 2015

Haunted Plantations of the South by Richard Southall




Book: Haunted Plantations of the South

Author: Richard Southall

Release date (if applicable): June 7, 2015

Synopsis: Mr. Southall takes readers on a tour of the most haunted plantations of the South. Who lived there and why do they insist on staying?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: I found this book to be incredibly well researched. From a history plantation perspective, it was fascinating. I just wish the author would have put more on the haunting into it. For a book on haunting, I found it to be lacking.

Other reviewers have commented on the academic feel to the book. I must state that I do agree with this assessment, but tend to like books written in that format for non-fictional works. Just note, that it does have a dry feeling to it if you like your "ghost stories" from a more "emotional"/descriptive perspective. I happen to prefer that in my fictional ghost stories.

I had an ARC, but the really weird thing I found in this book was that there were no pictures and/or maps in the book. This book screamed for both things to tie it together.


Source: Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. for Netgalley

Would I recommend? : Sure. There are very few books on this topic that I don't recommend. I simply liked this one for the format the author selected.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment