Friday, April 5, 2013

No Way Back: A Novel by Andrew Gross







Book: No Way Back: A Novel
 
Author: Andrew Gross
 
Narrator (if applicable):N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Wendy Gould is a bored mom who just had a wicked fight with her husband. When a chance encounter offers her the opportunity to have a one night stand, she decides to take it. Problem is that she changed her mind and the guy she is supposed to have it with ends up dead and she is the suspect. Then, to add insult to injury, someone wants her dead, but ends up killing her husband instead which now leaves Wendy the suspect in two murders.  In other places, nanny Lauritzia Valez, who has some dangerous secrets of her own,  takes her charges to a mall only to have a wild gunman start shooting. What do these two ladies have in common that could have both of them end up very dead?
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I have to be honest, having read numerous other Andrew Gross books, I was left kind of cold by this book. I don't think it was as twisted nor as engrossing as some of this author's other "stand alone" works. Now, did the storyline have twists to it? Yes, it did, but not as "twisted" as in some of his other works and I found it very difficult to grasp my attention. 

Furthermore, although the author's standard of quality writing is present, I found that it took me about 100 pages to get into the story. After that I was hooked, but for some readers they would have given up on it.  If you are one of those readers, push through.  Unfortunately, the book ended up losing me in the end again. 

Source:   Edelweiss for William Morrow
     
Would I recommend? : Maybe, it would depend on the person I was recommending it to. However, I would definitely recommend some of his other works to go with it. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment