Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Edge of the Earth by Christina Schwarz





Book: The Edge of the Earth
 
Author: Christina Schwarz
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In 1897, upper class and college educated Trudy knows what is expected of her. Problem she wants no part of it and yearns for something more. This yearning only is only exacerbated when she meets the mysterious Oskar.  Much to the dismay of her family, Trudy and Oskar marry and head west to Point Lucia, California where they meet with the Crawley family. Then things get weird and secrets uncovered. 
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I must admit that I expected more from this book. Given the premise of the storyline, I really expected a dark, atmospheric, twisted story but it ended up being a bit too light, dry and fluffy for me. Although I enjoyed the overall story line, I just couldn't help but lose interest at significant moments in the book that bored me due to what just seemed like overwriting. This book just couldn't get over my threshold requirements to increase the number of stars.
 
Source: Library
        
Would I recommend? : Not really
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment