Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Weight of Blood: A Novel by Laura McHugh






Book: The Weight of Blood
 
Author: Laura McHugh
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Small towns hold secrets. A small town in the Ozark Mountains has deeper secrets and 16 year old Lucy Dane is determined to find them. The secrets start when her mother disappeared when she was still a baby. When Lucy's friend is found murdered, Lucy is bound and determined to get to the bottom of those secrets. Will she become the next victim? Some secrets are better left unturned.

My rating: 3 stars
 
My opinion: I enjoyed this novel written, in the beginning, as 2 points of view (POV) and 2 timelines. Three quarters of the way in, the author started to bring in more POV's that threw the story off and really dropped it in ratings for me. I thought the ending was a given and there was no surprises whatsoever. It was good for a debut-not great by any means. I might give the author one more shot, but if the same issues exist, that would be it. 
 
Source: Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, I still would. It is a slower read though.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment