Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Southern Italian Desserts by Rosetta Costantino




Book: Southern Italian Desserts : Rediscovering the Sweet Traditions of Calabria, Campania, Basilicata, Puglia, and Sicily
 
Author: Rosetta Costantino
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A collection of scrumptious delicacies from the South of Italy, which had some of my favorites included with fresh ingredients. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Laden with beautiful pictures and tasty recipes, this was a beautiful cookbook. Although the recipes come from the south of Italy, I didn't see any ingredients that would be difficult to find in the US. One criticism that I would say, Although the pictures were gorgeous and step by step instructions were given, I would have liked to have seen pictures of the preparation since the recipes were definitely more advanced.
 
Source: Ten Speed Press
      
Would I recommend? : Do yourself a favor and take a gander of it at a brick/mortar bookstore or a library (minimally the Amazon sample page) first to determine if it fits your baking level. I have baked since the age of 12 and there were recipes that I consider above my skill level or that I would be apprehensive to try due to food cost levels and extensiveness of prep with too many windows for error especially since the prep pictures to give some direction aren't included. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment