Monday, June 16, 2014

Ruin Falls by Jenny Milchman





Book: Ruin Falls
 
Author: Jenny Milchman
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Liz Daniels thought her life was perfect. That was until the day her husband took off and took her children with her. As Liz unravels secrets, she realizes that everything wasn't as she thought.
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I couldn't figure out what I disliked about this book. There were aspects of it that I felt wandered. I ended up looking at a Goodreads friend's review and she nailed it. While the premise of the story is excellent, the author weaves in too many variables or "layers" to be uncovered that really distracted from the storyline. It was almost as though the twists were too contrived.  As a result, I simply found myself bored at times when the book jumped around.

I would still read more by this author; however, her books will not be a top priority as some of my other authors.
 
Source:  Publisher for review
     
Would I recommend? : Yes, but not strongly.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment