Sunday, September 6, 2020

Funeral for a Friend (Jonathan Stride #10) by Brian Freeman

 




Book: Funeral for a Friend (Jonathan Stride #10)

Author: Brian Freeman

Release date (if applicable): September 22, 2020

Synopsis: Stride’s friend is dying. He has one last secret to tell Stride before he goes. The body of a reporter who was tormenting Stride’s former wife is buried in his yard with a bullet in his head. Who killed him and why are all eyes on Jonathan Stride? While Stride is trying to clear his name, his ward, Cat finds herself with a stalker who wants her dead. 

My rating: Oh so 5 Stars!

My opinion: So, while 2020 has been a stressful year, I have had numerous great things happen. One of those has been the release of a Jonathan Stride novel two years in the making. Brian Freeman is tops on my list for favorite living American mystery writers and one of the top authors I recommend, so when I saw a Jonathan Stride novel in the works, I became giddy. Brian writes stories and characters that suck the reader in almost immediately. Funeral for a Friend was no exception. I found myself having to make myself stop reading it to make time to continue with other books I am currently reading. 

Source: Netgalley for review

Would I recommend? Hell yes! Brian Freeman is my number one recommended living American mystery writer and for good reason. I love reviewing his books because every time I do, I get to introduce new readers to a GREAT mystery writer. Mr. Freeman is fantastic about throwing in great twists and turns that throw readers off until the very end. Funeral for a Friend was no different. 

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Funeral for a Friend is number 10 in the Stride series. Now, authors and publishers hate when I do this, but, particularly with this series, give yourself an extra treat and read the series prior to reading this book. Brian Freeman is one of the most character driven authors I read and he remained true to process in this book. This book has a lot of reference to his past books, so a reader may find themselves lost. Can this book be read as a standalone? Sure, but why not give yourself that little extra treat and meet a great new series?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment