Monday, March 25, 2013

Lincoln's Grave Robbers by Steve Sheinkin






Book: Lincoln's Grave Robbers
 
Author: Steve Sheinkin (Winner of SIBERT and YALSA Awards for Non-fiction)
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Targeted towards the middle school reader, Sheinkin tells the tale of the lead-up and the attempt to steal Abraham Lincoln's body in 1876. This is such a little known incident, yet such a fascinating event in history.
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: What a ROCKIN' job Mr. Sheinkin did in presenting this incident in history! I must admit I had to take my mind to a 12 year old level; otherwise, it would have been a pretty simple read.  I have always been fascinated by this event and he wrote about the entire period on a level easy for middle schoolers to understand, yet pretty detail oriented. The book includes pictures from significant people related to the event. 
 
Source:   Netgalley for Scholastic Books
    
Would I recommend? : I already have.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment