Sunday, April 19, 2015

Doll Face by Tim Curran



 
Book: Doll Face

Author: Tim Curran

Release date (if applicable): May 5, 2015

Synopsis: Six friends driving home one night get diverted to the town of Stokes. Problem is that doesn't exist in the real world. It burned down to the ground over fifty years ago, but that is only where the nightmare begins.

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion:
This book was a trip. There were times I was rolling my eyes at it considering it to be more of a B movie than a quality horror novel. Then there were times that I found myself going "WTH just happened?!?!"  I love how another reviewer characterized it as a wildly imaginative book. I think that nailed it. The book was a wild ride.

I would tell readers that this is more of a sci-fi'ish, paranormal, horror read. Not my favorite type, but this author did a good job in pulling it off. 

Source: DarkFuse for review

Would I recommend? : Yeah, I definitely have friends I would be telling about this book. Just pay attention to my genre comments to see if it is for you.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment