Sunday, October 25, 2015

Dead to Me by Mary McCoy



Book: Dead to Me 

Author: Mary McCoy

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Annie decides to leave her family with a warning to her sister Alice. "Don't believe anything they say." were the last words that Alice would hear her sister say. 

Several years later, the next time Alice sees her sister, she is beaten down and in a coma in a hospital bed. Who put Annie into that coma? Is Alice next? 

Alice finds that the glitter of the golden age of Hollywood isn't that glitzy. 

My rating: 2 Stars

My opinion: I have to say that I was really disappointed by this novel. The premise and setting for it was awesome and very rare for YA literature, but the author failed to pull it off. 

Characters fell flat and were uninteresting even though it was set in the 1940's. Furthermore, what should have the unique slang language during that period of time was non-existent. I could have been reading a book set in modern days. 

I was hoping to have a book that read like a noir movie set during that period of time and it just didn't occur. 

Source: Publisher for review

Would I recommend? : No

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment