Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Zig Zag Girl by Elly Griffiths




Book: The Zig Zag Girl

Author: Elly Griffiths

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Brighton, 1950, a woman's body shows up cut up into 3 pieces. When police identify her, she is the Zig Zag Girl for magician, Max Mephisto. It must be determined why such an unusual method (based on her act) was chosen to kill her. When more bodies show up, it is up to DI Edgar Stephens to find out who is targeting a group of magicians who performed together in WWII.

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: Another engrossing read and start to a brand new series from author Elly Griffiths. This book took off so quickly that I found I finished reading it without putting it down. 

Like her Ruth Galloway series, characters were well developed with an attention to detail. I loved the twists and turns that stood out from even the Ruth books. This was a really unique book, particularly to this author who normally writes in a modern period. 

Source: Publisher for Review

Would I recommend? : Of course! Already have.


Stand Alone or Part of a Series: First in series

No comments:

Post a Comment