Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Murder at the Lakeside Library (A Lakeside Library Mystery #1) by Holly Danvers

 



Book: Murder at the Lakeside Library (A Lakeside Library Mystery #1)

Author: Holly Danvers

Release date (if applicable): July 13, 2021

Synopsis: Following the death of her not so faithful husband, Rain Wilmot has returned to her childhood home of Lofty Pines, Wisconsin to run the family library. All Rain wants to do is lay low and recover from what she has lived through. Unfortunately, the town has other plans for her. 

When real estate mogul, Thornton Hughes is found dead on the property of the library, eyes point to Rain's mother, Willow, with whom Thornton had spent a significant time with. 

As Rain digs deeper into the case, will she become the killer's next victim?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: This was a light, but highly enjoyable read. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a cozy, but it is on that spectrum.. It is definitely the perfect beach read. While this is normally not my style of read, I do believe this is a series I would definitely continue when looking for something a bit lighter. 

The author developed her characters beautifully and the story flowed smoothly. I found it to be atmospheric perfect for a mystery without going overboard. 

This is the type of book that IndiePicks Magazine and Patomi Media Group was developed to highlight. 

Source: Crooked Lane Publishers via Netgalley

Would I recommend? Absolutely

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: First in Series


No comments:

Post a Comment