Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Dark Roads by Chevy Stevens

 


Book: Dark Roads

Author: Chevy Stevens

Release date (if applicable): August 3, 2021

Synopsis: Hailey McBride lives in Cold Creek, a place where women have been disappearing off the major highway for decades. When tragedy strikes, Hailey is forced to move in with her aunt and police officer, uncle, who uses his badge to bully the town and Hailey.

After her uncle threatens her life, Hailey chooses to live in the woods as a survivalist like her father had taught her to do. 

Following the death of her sister, Amber, Beth moves to Cold Creek to get to the bottom of her sister's murder. Will the killer get to Beth before she can solve it? Will Hailey be able protect Beth since she was unable to protect Amber.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Another excellent release from Chevy Stevens. While this book is very well written, it definitely isn't my favorite work by this talented author. Unlike a chunk of her books, I felt this one wrapped up with a nice little red ribbon, which simply left me unsatisfied at the end. 

It did have a number of twists and "wow" moments, but not enough to boost my rating up to five stars for me.

Source: St. Martin's via Netgalley

Would I recommend? I always recommend Chevy Stevens's books. Dark Roads is no exception.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment