Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Ordinary Truth: A Novel by Jana Richman


Book: The Ordinary Truth: A Novel

Author: Jana Richman

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The Jorgensen family, ranchers in water-shortaged Nevada, is torn apart by decades of family dysfunction and secrets. Granddaughter, Cassie,can no longer stand it and is determined to bring her mother, Kate, and her grandmother, Nell, the epitome of a tough rancher woman, back together and healed. What secrets does the death of Kate's father whom Kate idolized have to do with the family dysfunction? Are some secrets left buried forever?

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: To be honest with the reader of this review, it took me forever to finish this book. I couldn't help but have the feeling that "been there done that" and that the storyline of the dysfunctional family and family secrets has been done in every setting known to mankind and here was just one more in my humble opinion. I think I was expecting some more twists. As things were popping up, I didn't have a "Whoa" moment..which is never good for me.

On that note, I did find I was able to connect with the characters and the writing of the book was impeccable. Thus...the 3.5 stars, which will be rounded to 4 stars only for the purpose of Goodreads and Amazon.

Source: Publisher for Review    

Would I recommend? : Yes, there is an audience who enjoys this type of novel.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment