Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cover of Snow by Jenny Milchman





Book: Cover of Snow

Author: Jenny Milchman

Release date (if applicable): January 15, 2013

Synopsis: Nora Hamilton thinks that she is living the idyllic life in upstate New York until she wakes up one morning to find her husband, a police officer with the local police department has committed suicide. Not believing it, Nora sets out to investigate exactly what and why she has lost her husband. Was her life quite as idyllic as she thought it was? What exactly does the snowy winters and Adirondack mountains hide? Is it better for Nora to leave it buried in the snow?

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: Although the storyline to this debut was very good, I did have the feeling that it was a debut. One of my pet peeves is when a publisher sets an author up for a crash by comparing their works to other successful authors in the same genre and that is what happened with this book when the author was compared to the works of Chris Bohjalian, Gillian Flynn and Nancy Pickard.

Furthermore, I felt there were definitely sections where the author dragged the story a bit...not to the point where I found myself distracted, but to the point where my overall feeling was that it could have been tightened up a bit.

Source: Publisher for Review       

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment