Monday, June 17, 2013

All The Way Home by Wendy Corsi Staub





Book: All the Way Home
 
Author: Wendy Corsi Staub
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Ten years ago, Rory Connelly's older sister, Carleen, disappeared with no trace destroying her family. Rory is back when her mother can't cope with the raising of Rory's younger sister, Molly. History starts repeating itself when young women start disappearing again. What secrets does Rory's family hide and how do they tie into the disappearing women?
 
My rating: 3.5/5 Stars
 
My opinion: I have heard Wendy Staub referred to as a "beach read" author and I would agree. This book was a good read, but pretty light in its mystery and in depth writing. I must admit that she did throw in a nice twist at the end that I TOTALLY did not see coming, but it was a pretty predictable ride up to it with a bit too much drama for my liking. I would agree that I would consider this to be more of a light, beach read versus a deep mystery. I will definitely read more by this author though when I am looking for something lighter.  This was not a horrible book by any means. I think the book jacket's description of comparing Ms. Staub's writing to that of Mary Higgins Clark was dead on.  
 
Source: Edelweiss for Avon Publishing
        
Would I recommend? : See Above
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment