Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Carolina Reckoning by Lisa Carter








Book: Carolina Reckoning
 
Author: Lisa Carter
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Alison Monaghan learns that her husband is having an affair again.  This will be the last time she takes it and kicks him to the curb. Problem is...her husband shows up dead and she is the main suspect. As homicide detective Mike Barefoot, a Cherokee native, finds himself drawn to her emotionally, which is a really uncomfortable feeling for someone due to his life's work that has learned to keep his emotional walls high.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: OK...gotta say that this is a Christian lit book. I must admit that there was some heavy biblical reference in the beginning but then lightened up significantly.  I will say that although this is a Christian writer, I could have done without the heavy biblical reference in the beginning. I think it actually detracted from the story and came across as preachy.  Like romance writers, I find for me that I do best with Christian writers who recognize a balance and I thought that was off in the beginning of this book.

This was a great, well written story that really flew by as I was reading it. The characters were likeable and the storyline kept my interest even past the biblical references. The writing was clean and non-violent.

 
Source:  Abingdon Press
      
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment