Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tara Revisited: Women, War and the Plantation Legend by Catherine Clinton





Book: Tara Revisited: Women, War and the Plantation Legend
 
Author: Catherine Clinton
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Ms. Clinton discusses the myth of the pre-Civil War Plantation and the role of women, including female slaves,  in running the "farms" during the active fighting years. First hand accounts and photos are present through out the book.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Although I knew the better chunk of this information already, I loved the first hand accounts and the plentiful pictures the author provided to supplement this well researched book. I love putting a face/name of the Civil War. I have already read several hundred books on the Civil War. This book would be awesome to show the strength of women during this period of time instead of only focusing on Rosy the Riveter from WWII. 
 
Source:   Netgalley for Abbeville Press
      
Would I recommend? : Already have to Civil War/women's issues enthusiasts like myself
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment