Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cold Mourning: A Stonechild and Rouleau Mystery by Brenda Chapman





Book: Cold Mourning: A Sonechild and Rouleau Mystery
 
Author: Brenda Chapman
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Wealthy business owner, Tom Underwood, has disappeared one week before Christmas. New team, Kala Stonechild and Jacques Rouleau, is sent to solve this mystery. Mr. Underwood has some serious dysfunctional relationships and betrayals that don't want this mystery solved. Personality issues between this new team don't help it either. Will Mr. Underwood's disappearance ever be solved?
  
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: This book was an excellent first in series. I can't wait for the continuance of this series. In my opinion, this author wrote this book with a perfect pace and approachable, well developed characters and events laid out well.

Now, I will state that one of my friends noticed that this book is being released in a "kindle series". I think that this disruption is doing this well written book a disservice. The way that this book is laid out will be hurt by the abrupt stopping of the "episode".  I feel that this is supported by its ratings on Amazon versus Goodreads, where it has a 4.09 rating.
 
Source: Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : I have, but not as a series. Investigate if a "full version" of the book is available and grab that. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: First in series

No comments:

Post a Comment