Friday, September 28, 2012

Playing Dead by Julia Heaberlin


Book: Playing Dead

Author: Julia Heaberlin

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A woman receives a letter stating from a woman that tells her that she is not who she thinks she is, but in reality is the woman's missing daughter. Her kidnapping was also surrounded by several deaths including a family slaughtered in Chicago. Is this true? Is Tommie's childhood a farce? Are there people out there who still think Tommie has secrets to hold and want her dead to ensure they stay that way?

My rating: 3.5 stars

My opinion: Although there were aspects to this book that were pretty unbelievable and others that were pretty boring, this book, for the most part, was a real page turner. The twists at the end of the book were real shockers and gave me "WTH?" moments which I love in books.

My understanding is that this debut author is actually a journalist so I would have expected better writing from the book, but the unusual storyline was able "prop" it up.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment