Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln by Stephen L. Carter


Book: The Impeachment of Abraham Lincoln

Author: Stephen L. Carter

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Abraham Lincoln survives his assassination attempt, but now is the target of impeachment proceedings for overstepping his constitutional authority in relation to the Civil War. One of the members of his legal team, a young African American woman, Abigail Canner is forced to look into the seedy side of politics when the lead attorney is found murdered in a compromising position with a prostitute.  Someone must really want Lincoln found guilty, but with enemies on both sides of the political aisle, who murdered to make sure Lincoln would no longer be President?

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: Ok, I have to admit...I had a hard time with this book. The mystery aspect was FASCINATING...however, I must be pretty concrete in my thinking because every time that Lincoln "appeared" in the book, all I kept thinking was that there was NO way he would have survived that assassination. Yes, I must not have a vivid imagination necessary for reading this book. The writing on the other hand was spectacular and the mystery kept my interest.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : For readers of alternative history, yes. Otherwise, no.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment