Monday, November 5, 2012

A Haunted Love Story: The Ghosts of the Allen House by Mark Spencer


Book: A Haunted Love Story: The Ghosts of the Allen House

Author: Mark Spencer

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: When the Spencers moved into the Allen House, they knew the house was haunted. Everyone told them that. What they didn't know was the heartbreaking love story that led to drastic actions.

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: I love the show A Haunting on Destination America, so imagine my surprise when last Friday (November 2, 2012) I am watching the story regarding THE ALLEN HOUSE and it shows the the owner's book on the subject. I did a double take and said "HEY...I HAVE THAT BOOK!" I had downloaded it several months ago and due to my constant backlog in books, was simply forgotten.  Well, needless to say, I started reading the 200 page book immediately.

 I love ghost stories. Love grabbing them from any source I can. This book was different though. This isn't your typical ghost story laden with creepy occurrence and malevolent spirits bent on destruction of the living. That doesn't mean that there wasn't a mystery present. Why would one of the home's original owners decide to take her own life? Did Ladell Allen lead the author, Mark Spencer, to a collection of hidden letters to solve her mystery and give her some peace?

On that note, being a love story, I expected there to be much more "emotional involvement" than there was. I found it to be a "just the facts" ma'am approach. Normally, I hate love stories, but with this one being specifically a love story, it was just very odd for it being so detached emotionally.

Source: Purchased for Kindle       

Would I recommend? : Yes, it was a really different ghost story and a nice diversion from the typical ones out there!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment