Tuesday, November 13, 2012

San Miguel by T.C. Boyle


Book: San Miguel

Author: T.C. Boyle

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: San Miguel chronicles the lives of 2 families who come to the island (off the coast of California) from their struggles, their failures and their triumphs while living on a very unforgiving island.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: San Miguel is a prime example of why I love being a book reviewer. I have been introduced to so many wonderful new authors that had I not been a reviewer, I would more than likely never have come across. Although, TJ Boyle is a famous author, my guess is that he is probably is that he would have stayed unknown to me had it wasn't offered on Netgalley.

San Miguel is told with such vivid imagery, from the scenery of the island to the characters, I couldn't "turn" away. Once I was able to finally get the book started, I couldn't put it down. The story flowed extremely well, maintained a tension that kept me on edge and paced incredibly well. Although, two of the author's books have been made into movies, this is one I could very easily see turned into a movie.

Source: Netgalley       

Would I recommend? : Yeah, boy!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment