Monday, December 3, 2012

One Blood by Qwantu Amaru


Book: One Blood

Author: Qwantu Amaru

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: What happens when you use a pre-Civil War family curse to get what you want? Louisiana governor Randy Lafitte finds out. His son is killed in a gun accident and his daughter has just been kidnapped by someone with an agenda other than money. Can Randy save her in time or will she become another victim of the curse? 

My rating: 2 Stars

My opinion: Although I felt the underlying storyline to this book was interesting, this is a relatively new author and I found that the writing threw me off. He tended to jump around in his writing which made it difficult to follow at times. I even had several moments in the reading of this novel that I had to go back and reread sections to ensure I was following the storyline correctly. Second, there were scenes in the book that I just found implausible (don't be asking me for any spoilers though!) that weren't attritubuted to "the curse" so that kind of turned me off to the book. Overall, though, minus the points I just focused on, I found the overall story to be pretty creepy. I just couldn't get past the current style of writing.

Source: Author for Review       

Would I recommend? : Yes, I still would to the right reader. This book has won numerous awards.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment