Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hell's Door by Sandy DeLuca





Book: Hell's Door
 
Author: Sandy Deluca
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A serial killer is loose in Providence, Rhode Island. A killer who truly feels that killing women is putting them out of their misery. Rogue detective, Lacey Powers, and her new partner, John Demmings, are assigned with solving this case.

With a setting of a club, Hell's Door,  where sexual perversion is alive and well, it is the perfect setting for a serial killer, particularly pimp Ramsey Wolfe, the club owner and prime suspect, who might be working in concert with someone much more sadistic.

Can Powers and Demmings solve the killings before they become victims themselves?
 
My rating: 4 Stars 
 
My opinion: Good lord, Sandy DeLuca is back again and this novella ROCKS! I love me a twisted sister and this book certainly showed that in this author. 

Ms. DeLuca writes a story that wows on page one and left me unable to put it down until I finished with it. The characters and settings were so incredibly twisted there were moments I was left with my mouth open. Even those who are the "good guys" such as police detectives, Lacey Powers and John Demmings, come with their own set of issues.

My husband ended up taking over my Nook and loved this book as well. He loved how dark Ms. DeLuca went and I concur. 

A serious heads up: THIS BOOK IS GRAPHIC AND GORY. If you don't like this type of book, you more than likely will have a hard time with it.  
 
Source: Darkfuse for review
        
Would I recommend? : Ms. DeLuca is a new favorite of mine, so I recommend her to some of my friends who enjoy this type of book. I must admit that this one is even more graphic than others I have read by her...so take note.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment