Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mr. Midnight by Allan Leverone





Book: Mr. Midnight
 
Author: Allan Leverone
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis:  What if good and evil were in the same family and both had second sight? 

My rating: 4.5 stars and dang near 5. 
 
My opinion: Mr. Leverone never ceases to amaze me with the twisted and well developed storylines of his novels. I will honestly say that this title is my new Al Leverone favorite! I didn't think anything could bump the power and "twistedness" of Heartless, but this one did.

Mr. Midnight takes Leverone's graphic writing to a whole new level. I must admit that the whole "second sight" had me kind of rolling my eyes when I accepted this book for review. I will admit that there were a small portion of scenes, as written, had me sighing as I felt that they sounded kind of "cartoonish"; however, I have read every other book that this author has produced and he has yet to disappoint. The tradition continues. It is important to note that is more of a personal "preference" and that he has made the second sight aspect work in this storyline. In my humble opinion, it actually added to the creepiness of the book. As expected, his characters were flawlessly developed. 

THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!  It is graphic, it is gory, but DAMN it is good! 

To boot, I can't get past the AWESOMENESS of that cover! 
 
Source: Darkfuse for review
      
Would I recommend? : I recommend this author at least once a month.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment