Monday, August 27, 2018

So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y'all Don't Even Know by Retta







Book: So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y'all Don't Even Know

Author: Retta

Release Date: Released

Synopsis: Comedienne/actress Retta discusses topics such as growing up poor, her love of fashion and life plans that go awry. 

Stand Alone/Series: Stand Alone

Version: Audiobook

My Rating: 4 Stars

My Opinion: I was bummed when I was turned down by my favorite publisher to review this book. Looking back now, I am thrilled. I chose to download the audio book version from Scribd. The reason is the author narrates, which makes it extra special. I have a funny feeling that if I would have read, I would just skim. This is definitely one of my favorite "star bios" that I have read. Retta is funny and makes her read interesting by presenting a read that has some meat to it versus a whole lot of fluff that one sees out of these reads. Just down to earth REAL stories on self acceptance and familial relationships. One of my favorites was great advice on college credit card spending and its long-term impact. 

Source: Scribd

No comments:

Post a Comment