Monday, May 7, 2012

Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death





Book: Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death

Author: James Runcie

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: While as the stories were all separate, they maintained an interconnectedness focused on the two main characters. The handsome, bachelor, Vicar Sidney Chambers and his friend Inspector Geordie Keating who join forces to solve 6 mysteries. The two join together to solve crimes including a barrister's "suicide"; the theft of jewelery during an dinner party and a jazz promoter who loses his daughter in a bizarre death.

My rating: 4 stars

My opinion: Written as a series of 6 novelettes, it was reminiscent to me of the original release the Sherlock Holmes Mysteries in the end of the 19th century. I really enjoyed this book. It was reminiscent to me of Midsomer Murders, with its' quirky townspeople and Julia Spencer Fleming's Rev. Clare Ferguson Series. Just a note, it can be a tad bit dry as some British mysteries can be. If you like that type of mystery, you will love this book. I also liked the break-up of the mysteries. It allowed the book to maintain a freshness.

Would I recommend? : Yes, for readers who like British mysteries.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment