Thursday, May 3, 2012

Silent Witness (A Dylan Scott Mystery #3) by Shirley Wells




Book: Silent Witness (A Dylan Scott Mystery #3)

Author:  Shirley Wells

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Dylan comes  to Dawson's Clough to investigate the murder of a physician's wife. A murder that the ex-husband, who is convicted of it swears he didn't do. But did he murder his childhood sweetheart or was it one of the other quirky residents of Dawson's Clough?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: OK, I have to be really honest with the reader of this review. I read the author's second book in this series, Dead Silent, which I had reviewed for the publisher through Netgalley. I simply wasn't impressed. When I requested this one and was approved, it dawned on me that this was the same author of that book and I almost sent an email back to the publisher apologizing for taking their time, reminding them of my review on the first book and that I didn't put two and two together and that I would decline to review this book.

I am so happy I didn't and that I gave this author another shot. This book was wonderful in regards to its' character development, the mystery with a nice twist that I didn't see coming and the quirkiness of the storyline! I was almost reminded of the British tv series Midsomer Murders. This book ended up flowing so well that I ended up reading it in a couple of hours and even staying up close to midnight to get it finished. I must say that I agree with some of the other reviews that I have read about this being Ms. Wells best work to date.

Now, this is def. a series I will continue with and probably even go back and read Dead Silent again.

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of a series

Presumed Dead~Book 1



Dead Silent~Book 2











No comments:

Post a Comment