Sunday, May 27, 2012

Whatever You Love by Louise Doughty


Book: Whatever You Love

Author: Louise Doughty

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: When Laura's daughter, Betty, is killed by a hit and run driver, Laura reflects on her life with her ex-husband, children and his new wife. When the death is determined to be an accident, emotionally, Laura goes on a downward spiral and plots to seek her own revenge.

My rating:  3 Stars

My opinion: This book started off incredibly strong. I thought for sure this was going to be a minimum 4 star read for me. Towards the end of the book though, I am not sure if it was just to extend the storyline, the author took the book on a track that, in my humble opinion, I thought was unnecessary. Also, the book jacket didn't match what the book was truly about. The jacket only touched on the basis for the story. I would have liked to have seen more with Laura's downward spiral.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series:  Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment