Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mistaken by Karen Barnett





Book: Mistaken
 
Author: Karen Barnett
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: It is the 1920's and in the height of Prohibition. Laurie Burke comes from a family of drunks and rum runners. One of her brothers partners is the handsome Daniel Shepherd and a turn off for Laurie. When a federal agent, Samuel Brown, comes into the picture investigating her brother and his group, is everything as it seems or is Laurie's judgement way off in who has her best interest in his heart and who people truly are? 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: This was a wonderful Christian, CLEAN romance. I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the unraveling of who, in general, all the characters were and the development of their relationship.  Even though the storyline was focused on illegal and sometimes violent activity, there was something innocent about the romance between Laurie and her special man. I simply loved it. The author wrote the romance masterfully and methodically.  I was reminded of one of my favorite romance authors, LaVyrle Spencer.

The story was not overly religious which I enjoyed and biblical reference was appropriate to the storyline. Even for those who don't read Christian literature, but love heartwarming romances, this would be a perfect choice.
 
Source: Abingdon Press
   
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to review Mistaken, Naomi! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete