Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cookbook Review: Emeril's Cooking with Power: 100 Delicious Recipes Starring Your Slow Cooker, Multi Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Deep Fryer by Emeril Lagasse





Book: Emeril's Cooking with Power: 100 Delicious Recipes Starring Your Slow Cooker, Multi Cooker, Pressure Cooker, and Deep Fryer

Author: Emeril Lagassi
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): October 13, 2013

Synopsis: Emeril's latest cookbook focuses on utilizing a slowcooker, multicooker, a pressure cooker and a deep fryer.
  
Some recipes making me drool are:

Cuban Style Slow Cooked Black Beans (slow cooker)
Columbian Chicken, Corn and Potato Stew (slow cooker)
Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole (slow cooker)
Pot Roast Dianne (Slow Cooker)
Slow Cooked BBQ Back Ribs (Slow Cooker)
Emeril's Kicked-up Cream Spinach (Multipurpose Cooker)
Steam Mussels with Fennel and Hot Italian Sausage (Multipurpose Cooker)

and many more!  
 
My rating: 5 Stars, Baby!!
 
My opinion: this book was AMAZING and was immediately added to my Amazon cart! The recipes were totally unique, yet with some attention to detail should be simple enough to prepare even for the most novice home chef. Ingredients all looked like they should be easy to purchase.

Now I must admit that I have a fear of pressure cookers, but this might need to be a fear that I overcome because the pressure cooker recipes looked SCRUMPTIOUS! 


A point of criticism cuz that is who I am and no book is perfect: Although recipes included pictures of completed dishes. I might have liked to see some of them, due to increased difficulty in prep, include pictures of various steps of prep, but it wasn't enough to decrease my rating.
 
Source: William Morrow Cookbooks through Edelweiss
        
Would I recommend? : Hellz to the Yeah! BTW...this will be my first Emeril cookbook. If this is the caliber, I will be checking out previous ones.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment