Sunday, May 12, 2013

In the Shadow of Blackbirds: A Novel by Cat Winters





Book: In the Shadow of Blackbirds: A Novel
 
Author: Cat Winters
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 1918 United States, it is a crazy place. The Spanish Flu epidemic is going crazy. Not to mention, our young men are going off to fight in WWI. We can't forget the spiritual/medium movement that has also been gaining in popularity during that period of time. 

Poor Shelley Black, who never believed in ghosts, suddenly finds herself having to rethink things when her first love, a young soldier, returns to her, but in spirit form. 
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: In the age of really stupid and brainless young adult novels that focus on vampires, wolves and zombies, Ms. Winters novel was a breath of fresh air. 

I loved this unique, atmospheric, creepy well researched novel. I particularly loved it because it was not your run of the mill YA novel. To boot, this debut novel was impeccably written and masterfully developed. If this is this author's debut...what does she have planned for fans in future releases?!?!

Bravo, Ms. Winters, Bravo!

  
Source: Library
        
Would I recommend? : I have recommended this book so many times I have lost count.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment