Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler



Book: The Bookstore
 
Author: Deborah Meyler
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: British student, Esme Garland, finds solace while working in a NYC bookstore, The Owl, after she is dumped by her older, wealthy boyfriend before she can tell him that she is pregnant with his child.  What Esme doesn't expect to find is a cast of characters who visit the bookstore so quirky that they help to lighten a pretty difficult situation.  When her boyfriend comes back into Esme's life, what will she do?
 
My rating: 3 stars
 
My opinion: I love books that have quirky characters. There is just something about them that make them quaint and stand out from other books. The bookstore was no different. Being a book geek, I found I could identify with a number of the characters, which made the book more endearing to me.

I would like to have seen the writing tightened up a bit. It seemed as though parts of the story rambled on and became more of a drama central versus a heart-warming story. Hey, but one must remember, that Ms. Meyer is a debut author and this was a stellar beginning. 
 
Source:  ARC for Gallery Books
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, it was a cute, light read
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment