Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Magic in the Receiver by Paul Dillon





Book: The Magic in the Receiver
 
Author: Paul Dillon
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Engaged Elena follows her father to the Greek island of Kefalonia and falls in love with the quaint island. When she remains on the island after her father leaves, she meets one of its' residents, the wealthy Ben. When she falls in love with Ben, Elena thinks she may became a permanent resident of the island. Will she break her fiance's heart or follow her own? 
 
My rating:2 Stars
 
My opinion: I didn't hate this book, but I didn't love it either. The book also didn't have the pop that I expected the book to have given its' setting. To be honest, it was quite vanilla given the passionate setting of the Greek isles.  I found myself distracted frequently during the reading of this book. In reflecting on other Goodreads reviews of this book that have higher scores than mine, it describes deep descriptions of the island. I didn't see that though. Where there were "descriptions" it almost came off as forced or not appropriate to the scene occurring in the story. Being a lover of the Greek Isles, I was excited when approached to review this book, but, in all honest, was left kind of empty. 
 
Source: Author for Review
     
Would I recommend? : To the right audience.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment