Monday, January 28, 2013

A Study in Revenge: A Novel by Kieran Shields







Book: A Study in Revenge (Archie Lean#2)
 
Author: Kieran Shields
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A thief is murdered in a really unpleasant way with symbols from the occult close to his body. Problem is, Deputy Archie Lean witnessed this thief being buried 2 days earlier. Meanwhile, criminologist Percival Grey is helping a dying wealthy tycoon who is desperately attempting to locate a stolen artifact and if Mr. Grey could happen to find his missing granddaughter who is probably attached to the artifact that would just be spectacular. 
 
My rating: 4.5 Stars
 
My opinion: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when I find intelligently written historical fiction mysteries. This book is a prime example! This book was beautifully laid out in its' mystery storyline divulging just enough to keep its' readers "whistle wet" while telling a very different type of mystery than your typical historical mysteries, which tend to bore me to tears at this point!

His characters were approachable and well thought out. What I loved most about the characters is that the author was dynamic in interjecting just enough humor into their "lines" which is a must in a book to suck me in. They had what another reviewer called "snarkiness" and I love that. 
 
Source:   Netgalley for Crown Publishing Group

    
Would I recommend? : Yep
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series. I must say that normally I am pretty compulsive about reading series in order, but this one stood fine on its' own. Although I will be going back immediately and reading the first in series and then stalking to see new releases. So, thank you to Mr. Shields and Crown Publishing Group for giving me yet ANOTHER series to read! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment