Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Dark Winter by David Mark




Book: The Dark Winter (DS Aector McAvoy #1) 
 
Author: David Mark
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: When a young girl is slaughtered in front of her congregation, it is up to an idyllic DS to solve the crime. 
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars
 
My opinion: A new series for me! I thought this book stared off stronger than it ended, but I still enjoyed the ride in this debut novel. The writing and character development started off strong. I feel the author kind of let it slip towards the end and simply wrapped the book up which was disappointing. Furthermore, I felt that there were a couple of slips or missteps (underdevelopment)  in the writing, but would expect that to a point in a new series. 

I am happy I accidentally stumbled upon this!
 
Source:  Library  
    
Would I recommend? : Yes, for those who love British mysteries.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Will be part of series.

No comments:

Post a Comment