Monday, April 22, 2013

Coldwater by Diana Gould






Book: Coldwater
 
Author: Diana Gould
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Alcoholic/pill addict, yet successful TV producer Brett Tanger thinks she is at the lowest point of her life when an incident one night highlights the depths of her addiction. The downward spiral isn't quite done when her "step daughter" who has secrets of her own disappears and her friend is found murdered.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: This storyline is a  perfect example on why I love the freshness of debut authors. Ms. Gould lays out dysfunctional characters perfectly and with a masterful strength that allows for multiple twists and one thankful that their life doesn't seem quite as nutty!proved that the life of the rich and famous isn't always champagne and caviar. I loved how dark she was able to go through out the entire book. I can't go deeper or else I'd be heading into Spoilerland.

This book is yet another reason why I love small/indie publishing houses. This book kept me on the edge of my seat, took off from page one and didn't stop until the last sentence. 

On a final note: Normally I rant and rave about pricing and price points of Indie books, but I must admit that this is one I would have paid the listed price for.
 
Source: Netgalley for Gibralter Road
        
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment