Thursday, April 25, 2013

Frozen Solid: A Novel (Hallie Leland #2) by James M. Tabor



Book: Frozen Solid: A Novel
 
Author: James M. Tabor
 
Narrator (if applicable): Paul Michael

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Microbiologist Hallie Leland is called to the South Pole to continue the research of a friend who has died from either a suicide or drug overdose. What she finds is that things aren't all that they seem to be when the body count continues to rise. Who or what has an agenda to unleash destruction on the world? Can she trust anyone in a station located in the loneliest place on earth?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I was shocked how much I enjoyed this novel. Normally, a medical thriller or world destruction thriller would do nothing for me, but I didn't find that with this novel. If you are looking for a heavy sci-fi novel, this book isn't for you, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much.

This audiobook kept me on the edge of my seat in how the story was unveiled.  The characters were fascinating and I found this to be an incredibly intelligent read. The twists were plentiful and the ending shocked me.  I must add that there are some reviews on Goodreads that are stating that the information/setting isn't totally correct. I must admit that I am not as educated on this as some of these sci-fi thriller readers so I am unable to give information on this. It wasn't that important to this reviewer.

Normally, I am pretty compulsive about reading books in order. I agree with a Goodreads friend who stated that this book would do well with being a stand alone book.
 
Source: Library
        
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment