Friday, April 12, 2013

The Stranger (Patrik Hedstrom #4) by Camilla Lackberg





Book: The Stranger (Patrik Hedstrom #4)
 
Author: Camilla Lackberg
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A teetotaler woman is killed in a drunk driving accident. Problem is...she was the drunk one. When more bodies start to add up, including the unpopular star of a reality star filming in town, things aren't adding up. Poor Patric who is trying to plan his wedding to his longtime love and mother of his daughter must now try to solve this baffling mystery with cameras rolling and the country watching.


My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: In my previous reviews regarding Ms. Lackberg's works, I have referenced the "lightness" and focus on emotions of her books compared to her contemporaries in Nordic Noir. I have stated that I thought that her books were too almost Americanized than the darkness and twistedness that is seen in other Nordic Noir books. I thought she was getting away from this in her book THE STONE CUTTER. However, it was back with a vengeance in this book. As a reader of heavier more twisted Nordic Noir books, I have difficulties with this, but do read her works regularly as I am frequently asked for NN recommendations.
 
Source: Edelweiss for Pegasus
      
Would I recommend? : I regularly recommend Ms. Lackberg's novels for those either new to Nordic Noir and need a gentle introduction or fans of authors such as Lisa Gardner. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

1 comment:

  1. This is my first book by this author and so far I'm liking it.

    ReplyDelete