Monday, May 7, 2012

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn




Book: Gone Girl

Author: Gillian Flynn

Release date (if applicable): June 5, 2012

Synopsis: Nick Dunne's wife disappears. Police think he is involved. What is he doing or not doing which would lead them to that conclusion? What is in Amy's diary which can either free him or nail him to the cross?!?!

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Another winner from Gillian Flynn. I have not read of a book of hers which hasn't garnered anything less than 4 stars. Her books consistently suck me in immediately and always keeps me guessing. Not an easy feat! Normally, flashback or "multiple viewpoint" writing, which she has utilized for this story, drives me nuts, but Ms. Flynn has really made this work. It really helps with deepening the suspense and "exposing" the idiosyncracies of the characters which could have led up to the disappearance of Amy.

Would I recommend? : Very much so!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment