Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Missing Child by Patricia MacDonald


Book: Missing Child

Author: Patricia MacDonald

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Caitlyn's stepson, Geordie, goes missing from school one day. Who would want to kidnap a six year old child and how does his kidnapping fit into secrets Caitlyn has been hiding from her husband, Noah? Can such secrets ever be forgiven and how do they fit into Gordie's disappearance?

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: This book, while good, in my opinion, just didn't stand out. I thought it was comparable to tons of other books out there with similar plots that I have read. What saved a two star review was a nice twist at the end that I didn't see coming. However, it wasn't enough to bump it up to a 4 star, and I found other parts of the storyline were propped up with "drama central" versus superior writing and storyline. Not to be a book snob, but this book was a perfect reason on why I love Indie writers. I almost felt that this was a "cookie cutter" book! A dime a dozen book, which will have been forgotten by me by next week.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes. I know a large number of people who would love this type of book, but in order to go above 3 stars with me, the writing better "POP".

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone



4 comments:

  1. A great review Naomi I really like the reason you gave it 3 stars I was reading another blog the other day and the writer of the blog seemed to be getting very cynical after reading it I started to wonder if it was because like you he has read a lot more books then most people. Anyway I like the reason for the 3 someone who has not read as many books might like it. It's going on my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianne. Unfortunately, with myself, I am seeing a real growing dissatisfaction with this type of book where it seems to be "cookie cutter". It is readable to me, but not even remotely knock my socks off and one that I will probably forget within the month. I think you could read numerous other books by similar authors and not be able to tell the difference.

      Delete
  2. I have been reading more over the last few years and some just don't stick. It used to be that I could remember everything about a book. It might just be I am getting older and forgetting things lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of this book?? That was my complaint..it was just there.

      Delete