Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Good Father by Diane Chamberlain


Book: The Good Father

Author:  Diane Chamberlain

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Travis Brown became a single father young, really young. With little education behind him, he struggles every day to raise his daughter, Bella, on his own. Once he loses his construction job and his home, the struggles become even worse. Will these struggles lead him to make some decisions that sometimes can't be taken back? Will he lose Bella forever?

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: I am a recent fan to Diane Chamberlain's writing. I have read a couple of her books and enjoy the character development and storylines that Ms. Chamberlain weaves. Her characters are normally inviting and "approachable". I felt that this was missing in this book, I could not connect with any of the characters which really shocked me. I almost felt that there was a disconnect and that I was almost "looking in" which I haven't experienced with this author's works before. Because of the storyline, I am not sure if that is what the author was attempting to attain, but it really didn't work for me.

The other thing that really drove me crazy about this book is that the author used multiple viewpoints to tell the story, so I always had to make sure that I was connecting with the right character. I am coming across alot of those types of books lately and it drives me crazy every time it happens.

Would I recommend? : Maybe...I must admit that the majority of my Goodreads friends who have read the book have loved it and given it 5 stars. They continue to rave about this book, so I might not be the best judge about this book.  Because its' "structure" drove me crazy..that is a me problem...not an author problem!

Here is what I would recommend: If you haven't read a Diane Chamberlain book, you are really missing out!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment