Friday, June 15, 2012

The Cottage at Glass Beach by Heather Barbieri


Book: The Cottage at Glass Beach

Author: Heather Barbieri

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Nora, who has suffered a very public humiliation by the release of an affair by her very public husband, escaped to the Maine coast where she lived with a maternal aunt after her mother disappeared. Licking her wounds, she meets a fisherman with his own demons who helps her to overcome the grief of her husband's betrayal.

My rating: 1 Star

My opinion: What drew me to this book originally was that it was reviewed by an author I really like. It isn't what kept me there though. I found this book to be cookie cutter and boring. This book is the epitome of what is put out by big house publishers that is pure vanilla with the same old storyline regurgitated into yet another book. I recently read a blog post by an author I follow on twitter that asks if there are really any other "original" story lines left. If this book was an indication, I would say "NO!"

I actually found myself skimming over parts of the book because it was so predictable in spots that I really just wanted it to end and it was a fairly short book.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : No, although there will be readers out there who enjoy it.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone


No comments:

Post a Comment