Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf


Book: One Breath Away

Author: Heather Gudenkauf

Release date (if applicable): June 19, 2012

Synopsis: A gunman takes over a school in Broken Branch, Iowa. Who is this intruder and why would he target the most innocent? Who will survive it? How will the past come back to impact the present? 

My rating: 3 stars

My opinion: First, let me preface this review by telling the readers of this review that I LOVE the writing of Heather Gudenkauf. I was all over this bad boy when I saw it on Netgalley. Her previous works have garnered 4 stars from me, but really closer to 5 stars.

On that note, this book left me kind of cold. I could never get into the characters which is odd as character development is an incredibly strong capability for this author. There were literally times that I felt like this book was walking through quick sand for me. For example, it took me 4 days to read this book, normally, I read her books within hours or at least, within the day.

Food for thought...this book received no less than 4 stars from Goodreads friends of mine, with the majority being 5 star reviews. Even readers that our ratings tend to parallel each other rated it 5 stars. What does this mean... I can't rule out that I didn't over hype this book in my mind.

You have all the information...I'll let you make the decision. I would love to hear your take!

Source: Netgalley

Would I recommend? : Yes, I would still not only recommend this book, but, most definitely the author.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment