Monday, July 30, 2012

People Who Eat the Darkness: The True Story of a Young Woman Who Vanished from the Streets of Tokyo--and the Evil that Swallowed Her Up by Richard Lloyd Parry


Book: People Who Eat the Darkness: The True Story of a Young Woman Who Vanished from the Streets of Tokyo--and the Evil that Swallowed Her Up

Author: Richard Lloyd Parry

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In the summer of 2000, a pretty 21 year old blond British woman living and working in Japan's "social clubs" disappears. What is behind her disappearance? Why does it take Tony Blair to get involved to "motivate" Japaneese law officials to take the disappearance seriously? Does Japan have a serial killer running its' streets targeting its' sex workers that Japan has chosen to turn a blind eye to?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: This book proves that life is stranger than fiction. Well documented and obviously researched, Mr. Perry gives and indepth description, but as to "the seedier" side of life in Japan's sex industry. Definitely informative...I know I had many a moment where I was reading with my mouth open at the information being given. 

Probably one of the most intense true crime books I have read in almost a decade. This book started immediately and didn't stop shocking until the final page from multiple perspectives INCLUDING THE VICTIM'S FAMILY!

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment