Thursday, July 12, 2012

Kiss Me Quick Before I Shoot by Guy Magar


Book: Kiss Me Quick Before I Shoot

Author: Guy Magar

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Guy's memoir about his career in film and television in such shows as The A Team and his work with Hollywood notables such as James Cameron and Matt LeBlanc. Can't forget about his almost 30 year love affair with his wife.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: OK, I have to be honest in this review. I am not a fan of Hollywood. I have over 200 movies on my Netflix queue. There are days I wonder why I keep my membership.  Plus, I have only 6% left on my DVR because I never watch tv. When this author approached me to review this book, I almost turned him down. I am very happy I didn't though.

Yes, there is alot of interesting anecdotes regarding the author's work as a film director in Hollywood.  The author has a sarcastic sense of humor, particularly focused on some of the stars he has worked with, but also about life in general,  which I loved so that really sucked me into the book.

However, I think there was alot of other information that I pulled out for other life lessons though, which I focused on in the book. The author gave excellent advice for early careerists about selling oneself and not expecting opportunities to be given out. As someone who is very career minded, I was drawn to those stories.

I also loved the stories related to the meeting and simple life stories with his wife. In a book that was pretty funny, those went a bit deeper and heartwarming because one could feel the love ooze from the words of the author.

There is a Goodreads reviewer who I think nailed Guy as a great storyteller that one can't wait to hear with bated breath as to what entertaining story he has to say next.

Source: Author

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Naomi for your kind support of indie authors and the time and dedication you take to include our books on your review list. I hope my memoir made you a bit more of a fan of Hollywood lala-land!
    Guy

    ReplyDelete