Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Survivor by Gregg Hurwitz



Book: The Survivor

Author: Gregg Hurwitz

Release date (if applicable): 08/21/12

Synopsis: Nate Overbay, who suffers from PTSD from a failed Iraq war mission where he was the only survivor and ALS,  can't even commit suicide without having to stop his plans to break up a bank robbery in progress. To boot, his once loved family, including his 15 year old daughter are less than thrilled with him and have moved on with their lives. Things go downhill from there when the Russian mafia, who were robbing the bank, decide to have him finish their job and threaten the life of his daughter if he doesn't.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: This is my 5th or 6th Gregg Hurwitz book. Although, I find his books to be kind of formulaic, at this time, his writing really works for me. I find his books are like old bathrobes. You know what to expect, but it is still worth shimmying into. The Survivor was no different. Predictable, yes, but well worth the read. I have to be honest in saying that I found this to be a "guy's guy" kind of book.

To sum it up...great writing, engrossing storyline, likable main character

If I had a complaint about the book, I would have wished the Gregg Hurwitz would have made the daughter's character a bit less annoying! There were moments I wanted to crawl through the pages and strangle her!

Source: Netgalley for St. Martin's Press

Would I recommend? : I regularly recommend this author's works and this book is no different.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment