Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Proposal by Mary Balogh




Book: The Proposal

Author: Mary Balogh

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Widow Lady Gwendolyn Muir lost her husband in a freakish accident has no desire to marry again. War hero, Lord Hugo Trentham never wants to marry and is content working his land. Duty is calling though and it is saying that he must marry. When the two accidentally collide, sparks fly and a plan is schemed up. Unfortunately, Lord Hugo is falling hard for the Lady Gwen. Will she reciprocate?  

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: To me, this was your typical romance. Mary Balogh is always a pretty safe read with me. Something that I can read quickly, doesn't require much thought, but I walk out at least somewhat enjoying. The Proposal fit that bill perfectly.

Everything about this book was "safe" and cookie cutter. It fit the standard lines of a romance down to the "T".

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: To be part of a series

No comments:

Post a Comment